Ideas for 2020
— 1 min read
So it's a lot, but I've included below a list of things to learn and do in the coming year. Some are for fun, some are things I've wanted to do but haven't had the time. Even though long-term goals and interests can change over time, I think it's still a helpful to come up with lists like this - it's a nice way to reflect on what direction you're going in and how you're growing as a person.
So here's what I may (or may not) be up to this year in no particular order:
- Contribute to open source projects
- Get better with functional programming
- Learn more about monads and category theory
- Use partial application, closures, and other FP concepts in practical projects
- Learn about reactive programming
- Learn RxJS and related concepts
- Use in an actual project
- Get in the habit of containerizing with Docker
- Get in the habit of setting up CI/CD for any new projects
- Complete more personal projects
- Finish making the hkpp-tracker for Anna Marie
- Setup an OpenFaaS server
- Figure out the best way to do API authentication for small projects
- Something using pandas & networkx?
- Learn another language
- Write more
- Something unrelated to development for once?